Crawford Architects is always seeking outgoing, motivated, self-starters. If you are a talented and an entrepreneurial professional and has a desire to work with people who have a passion for architecture, please contact us.
GRADUATE ARCHITECT – MERCED, CALIFORNIA
Initially the Graduate Architect will assist the project leader with design management services for the Merced 2020 Project. This is a campus expansion at the University of California, Merced to accommodate a doubling of the student population and the provision of 1 million square feet of new buildings. The job site location will be on the UC Merced campus.
This full-time assignment is expected to last at least two years. Depending on the workload and other project opportunities, the position may evolve to assist in architectural design, documentation and construction administration; create feasibility and concept studies; develop 2D and 3D images of current and potential projects; ensure that all of the firm’s projects are feasible, meets the client’s needs and budget and reflects Crawford Architects’ standards, mission and goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review of developer’s architectural documents for contractual compliance with design standards
- Architectural design, design development and documentation
- Assist with master planning efforts
- Provide construction administration services – overseeing the project completion
- If sufficiently experienced, will take the leadership roles of project manager and/or job captain
- Assist with maintaining relationship with client, and design and construction team, answer questions (RFIs) and provide guidance as requested
An accredited Bachelor of Science and/or Bachelor of Architecture degree or a Master of Architecture.
Recent graduate with up to five years of experience in the practice of architecture and/or architectural design and documentation.
- Strong creative and technical thinking skills
- Strong presentation and graphic communication skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suites
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong administrative and project management skills with the ability to work within budgetary guidelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships and work successfully with many different constituents and personnel
- All around practical knowledge preferred
Commensurate with experience.
We offer internships in architecture, planning, interior design, virtual reality and marketing. Interns will contribute on Day One. We provide a real-world environment where your skills will be strengthened and confidence grown. If you are interested in a full-time summer or fall internship with us, please send a cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Crawford Architects is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any.